Moving Tips Checklist for a
Trouble Free Move
A Moving Tips Checklist can relieve a lot of your tension come moving day. Don’t wait until the last day to review these moving tips. If you can start early and stay organized, you will enjoy your day and you will have the peace of mind that all will go well.
- Go through all your belongings and see if there are items that will need to be temporarily placed in storage. Call us to reserve your storage space if needed. See bottom of this page for full Contact information.
- You may want to plan a garage sale to sell all your unwanted stuff. This is a perfect time to clean out all your belongings and put some money in your pocket at the same time.
- If you are packing yourself, contact A Mother’s Touch Movers for the boxes and supplies you will need. We will get an assortment of boxes and materials to you to make the job easier.
- Make a list of various utilities such as water, gas, electric, telephone, TV service, trash collector, etc. and make sure everything is disconnected according to your time schedule. Make sure electric utilities are still connected the day you move for movers use if needed.
- If you’re in charge of packing, then start packing. Label all your boxes according to what the contents are and where they are going to go in your new home. Don’t overload boxes with books and other heavy belongings. Use packing materials like bubble wrap and Styrofoam peanuts to protect fragile items.;i>
- It’s a good idea to have all boxes packed and stacked in one area of your home on moving day.
- If you are moving motorcycles, lawn mowers, snow blowers, etc. take the time to drain all gas and oil from the machines. You must also empty propane bottles. No flammable materials may be transported in our trucks.
- We do not move any hazardous materials, perishable food, guns and ammunition or any sort of alcoholic products.
- On moving day your refrigerator, freezers, etc. will have to be emptied and ready to be moved. Plan ahead for this so you don’t spoil any of your food items.
- Moving day can be hectic so make time to accompany the mover foreman as he inspects and tags each item of furniture. Stay with the movers until every piece has been loaded and you are satisfied that nothing is missed. Keep your copy of the Bill of Laden in a safe place to check against the items when they are delivered and moved into your new place.
- Clear all your hallways if possible so movers can easily access all rooms and storage areas.
- Remember that pianos, pool tables and such require special handling and we must be notified of such items.
- You should definitely be present when the moving van arrives at your new home. If you have not set up specific payment arrangements, you will be required to make payment before the truck is unloaded. We accept all forms of payment such as Visa, MC, AmEx, Discover, Cashiers Check, Personal Checks and Cash.
- It’s a good idea to have the floor plan of your new home as part of this moving tips checklist and mark where each of your furniture items and boxes go in each room. This will be a tremendous help when you go to unpack and get settled.
- Have clear directions to your new home or place of business to give to your moving company. Make sure they have your cell phone number in case of any emergencies.
- Don’t forget to put in a Change of Address for your mail.
Thank you for using this moving tips checklist and considering A Mother’s Touch Movers for your next move. We encourage you to use our Contact Form or just pick up the phone and call us at the number below for answers to any questions or concerns you might have. Thank you!
A Mother’s Touch Movers
1240 Alpharetta Street
Roswell, GA 30075
Phone: (770) 587-9598
Fax: (770) 396-8420
Proudly serving the greater Atlanta area and
Leave Moving Tips Checklist Page to Receive a Free Quote